This is a three day programme designed to support those either newly appointed to middle leadership or aspiring to middle leadership in the near future.
Course leaders: Paul Rowe and Adam Shelley, both Deputy Head Teachers at The Woodroffe School and Beth Brooke JCTSA Manager
Pre-course reading on aspects of leadership
Day One: 10am – 3pm.
• What does it mean to be a middle leader? The expectations of pupils, parents, team colleagues, senior leaders, governors
• Building a team
• Quality assurance & accountability
• Building capacity
Day 2: 9:30am – 1pm
• Reviewing the gap task – what did you learn?
• Keeping a handle on things – self-evaluation
• Incremental coaching for increased capability
Day 3: 1 – 3:45pm
• Presenting findings to the group
• Next steps –maintaining and developing professional practice.
Women in Leadership in Education
The Jurassic Coast Teaching Schools’ Alliance is delighted to be the Dorset hub for the Women in Leadership in Education South West Programme which is led by The West Country Teaching School Alliance and Dartmoor Teaching School Alliance.
The gender gap in education leadership is unacceptably wide and the pace of improvement unacceptably slow. According to Dr Kay Fuller, in 2015 women made up 64% of the teaching workforce but only accounted for 40% of headteachers. Fuller argues that – at current rates – it will take until 2040 to close the gap.
The Women in Leadership in Education programme aims to help reduce this gap through its coaching pledge. This enables women to access coaching at any point in their career, free of charge and at a time to suit their specific needs.
If you would like to develop or maintain your own coaching skills and support women leading education you can book a place on our two workshops:
- Workshop 1: Coaching for Impact 27 March 4:30pm – 6:30pm The Woodroffe School
- Workshop 2: Coaching Women Leaders 16 May 4:30pm – 6:30pm The Woodroffe School
There is no charge for these workshops. They are open to women and men who want to contribute to developing women in leadership roles in education.
To find out more, contact Beth Brooke on 01297 442232 or visit https://www.tscouncil.org.uk/women-leading-in-education-coaching-pledge/
To book a place on the workshop contact Nicola Payne on 01297 442232