This is a three day programme designed to support those either newly appointed to middle leadership or aspiring to middle leadership in the near future.
Course leaders: Paul Rowe and Adam Shelley, both Deputy Head Teachers at The Woodroffe School and Beth Brooke JCTSA Manager
Pre-course reading on aspects of leadership
Day One: 10am – 3pm.
• What does it mean to be a middle leader? The expectations of pupils, parents, team colleagues, senior leaders, governors
• Building a team
• Quality assurance & accountability
• Building capacity
Day 2: 9:30am – 1pm
• Reviewing the gap task – what did you learn?
• Keeping a handle on things – self-evaluation
• Incremental coaching for increased capability
Day 3: 1 – 3:45pm
• Presenting findings to the group
• Next steps –maintaining and developing professional practice.